Kodu teaches more than programming:
- Kodu is a rich tool for narrative creation and storytelling
- Kodu demonstrates that programming is a creative medium
- Kodu helps children with critical thinking, breaking a complex goal into manageable steps, and iterate on the design process – an approach applicable to all academic subjects, business and personal relationships
- Kodu introduces the logic and problem solving of programming
- Kodu introduces conditions and sequences, which teaches cause and effect
- Students learn about cooperation, logic and creativity in addition to programming
To check out the Kodu site click here.
Kodu Classroom Kit for Educators
Created by Microsoft FUSE Labs
The Kodu classroom kit is a set of lesson plans and activities for educators, after-school instructors, parents, peer mentors and administrators.
Kodu can be taught by any teacher, no previous programming expertise required.
To download the Kodu Classroom Kit, click here.